Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What made Rama Lord Rama?

Last weekend after my pooja, while I was pondering upon Rama, my mind triggered this question
What made Rama Lord Rama?

The immediate answer I got was his sacrifice of power to keep his father's words and came the quote

Sacrifice is the highest form of bravery.

But then didn't other ascetics in ancient India choose the life Rama went for?
Moreover, Krishna didn't go for any banwaas. What is the equivalent sacrifice he made?
And all those qualities that are ascribed to [super] heroes flashed in my mind - Conviction - Determination - Commitment - Strength - Far-Sightedness - Knowledge - _ _ _ _
And also came those controversial stories that non-followers talk about like Rama's unfair treatment to Sita etc.

And then came the question
What makes super human or a super hero a GOD?
I pose this question to all my readers.

For the time being, I have my mother's teachings to keep me calm.
Imbibing their qualities is the true worship of those great souls
(deified or non-deified).


Note:- This article titled Is Superman = Jesus? forced me to break the rule of not blogging more than once a week.

2 comments:

vin said...

Why does the word 'Rama' appear as far as Egypt (Pharaoh Ramses) and the Middle East (Ramallah- place where Arafat spent his last days)? It is evident that his legend had spread westwards as well as to the east - Thailand etc.

Anonymous said...

कृत्रिम बुद्धिमता