Thursday, September 08, 2005

Teacher's Day

The kids don't know how much you know, but they certainly know how much you care about them. And if you care about them, you would have breathe life and inspiration into the subjects you teach. And if you care, your words and actions will resonate in the lives of those lucky children for many many years to come.

The alchemists who have helped me follow my dreams:-
  1. Gosai Ma'am, K.G. and Prep., Holy Child School Ghaziabad.
    Nobody can handle kids better than she.
  2. Sister Roseline, Vth Std., Holy Child School Ghaziabad.
    My Moral Science teacher, the job she was extra-ordinary at.
  3. Mrs. P.K. Sharma, VI Std. , Holy Child School Ghaziabad.
    Patience at its peak.
  4. Mrs. Kala Nagarkoti, Mathematics, VIII - X std., D.P.S. Ghaziabad.
    Before I took tuitions from her, I used to mug up geometry related reasoning questions. She gave me the confidence to take on the science stream in my 10+2.
  5. Mrs. Renu Kaushik, History & Civics teacher, D.P.S. Ghaziabad.
    I remember one question asked by her in the Civics class "Do you know where and how you will get the divorce from your wife if required" and the whole class went lol.
  6. Mr. Virendra Chandela[Chandu Sir :) ], Mathematics Tutor, XI-XII std. Other than mathematics (which he can teach even to a below-average but sincere student), his ideas in philosophy, religion, politics and what not were thought provoking (including the free homeopathic treatment to his ailing students). I also learnt some homeopathy basics too.
  7. Dr. Bhushan, Physics Tutor, XI std., Though he wasn't able to get the physics into my brain that much but he induced the necessary interest in me without which learning the subject would have been an entirely a different ball game. Not to forget his idea about late-comers that I heard 1st time from him that "even if a person is coming 50 minutes late in an hour long class, he might learn something in the next 10 minutes"
  8. Sheoran Sir, Physics Tutor, XII std., My journey to the ancient town of Physics starts with him. The 90% score in PHY in 10+2 Boards was a shock to my sub-standard brain faculties dealing with PHY.
  9. Nandita Aunty, Chemistry Tutor, XII std., Under her, I got a daily dose of mysterious Organic Chemistry before my morning breakfast.
  10. Mr. Vinay Panday[Bunny Sir :) ], Computer Science and C++, XI-XII, D.P.S. Ghaziabad. An ideal Computer Science teacher. He is the best memory of my school days. I can definitely write a book blog on "He, Me and my 10+2 days".
  11. DA-IICT profs - Samaresh Sir, Sanjay Sir, Biswas Sir, Sinha Sir, Jotwani Sir, Maitra Sir, Abhinay Pandya Sir, Mathuria Sir (Details later)
  12. Ashok Singh, My Mentor, Research Internship (part of UG curriculum), ORF, Delhi. One of the true Alchemists of my life.
Some Lighter Moments and Memories

Humanities Tridev (Vishwajit Pandya, Tridip, Shiv Vishvanathan)
movie course ITD's Bini Ma'am :)
Prof. Amin's microscopic pen running on the exam copies making them look like a part of some RED revolution

Details Later

No comments: